Office of Health Economics 50th Anniversary Conference
The Challenges and Economics of Drug Development in 2022
8 October 2012, London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Throughout its 50-year history, OHE has been a leader in contributing to the understanding of important trends in health care and in the life science industries, in the UK and outside. This conference, which celebrates OHE’s 50th anniversary, will explore current and emerging critical changes in the science, organisation and economics of drug discovery and development. Included are discussions about: why R&D and drug development processes are changing; how this will affect productivity; how collaboration and competition stimulate learning and commercialisation; and the changing roles of large and small biopharmaceutical companies, academia, governments, and payers. The conference will consider specific economic and regulatory incentives for encouraging drug development, including options for streamlining regulatory requirements, the appropriate use of health technology assessment, and incentives for R&D to meet global health challenges. The conference also will consider how to position the UK to retain and attract R&D.
Speakers and panelists include thought leaders in the sciences and health policy from the UK and elsewhere, the EMA, HTA agencies, life sciences companies, and academia. Confirmed to date are:
- Dr Richard Barker, Director of the Centre for Accelerating Medical Innovations, University of Oxford
- Professor Sir Alasdair Breckenridge, Chairman of the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Professor Patricia Danzon, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr Hans-Georg Eichler, Senior Medical Officer, European Medicines Agency
- Dr Jens Grueger, Head, Global Health Economics and Pricing, Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Dr Hannah Kettler, Senior Program Officer and Economist, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Professor Fabio Pammolli, Professor of Economics and Management, IMT Institute For Advanced Studies
- Professor Sir Michael Rawlins, Chairman of the UK National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
Please see the full programme for details.
To register, click here. Early-bird discounts are available until 23 July.
We look forward to your participation.
Posted in Drug Development/R&D | Tagged 50th Anniversary, Events