The Office of Health Economics wishes to recruit well-qualified, highly motivated and energetic junior economists, with particular strengths in health economics, including the economics of health technology assessment, health care systems and/or the life sciences industry.
Writing for OHE
OHE seeks authors writing on the following topics from an economic and/or policy perspective:
- the financing and organisation of health care systems
- the competitiveness, regulation and structure of the pharmaceutical industry
- pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement
- the economics of prescribing and medicines use
- economic evaluation of health care technology
- health and health care statistics
OHE authors are expected to deal with economic and policy issues in plain English and in a way that will interest non-economists as well as economists.
All publications are peer reviewed by OHE’s independent Editorial Committee. The publication may appear as an OHE Briefing (2,000-10,000 words), a monograph or a book and would be available in both printed and electronic formats. Authors will receive a fee.
How to submit a manuscript proposal to OHE
Your proposal should be on at least one of the topics described above.
Please include in your application:
- a cover letter containing a working title, the anticipated length of the manuscript, the anticipated date of completion, and a summary of 300-600 words
- an abstract (with chapter outlines if the proposal is for a book-length piece)
- a CV with past publications or other writing experience
- a sample section or chapter (if available)
- abstracts for all chapters (for edited collections)
OHE will advise you within four weeks whether or not we wish to proceed.
Please send completed applications via e-mail.