At a time when health systems had to shift their resources to deal with the COVID-19 crisis, it becomes more important than ever to find effective ways to provide access to the most needed treatments.
Breakthrough medical research is delivering new curative therapies that once seemed out of reach. With the current restrictions on health care access, such one-off therapies eliminating the need for follow up care become particularly valuable.
The advent of cures is raising important questions about affordability and the long-term sustainability of health systems. Simply put, healthcare systems are not set up to pay for cures where the benefits may accrue over many decades.
So how can you help improve outcomes – for patients and industry alike? We will be exploring:
- What makes cures different in HTA?
- What is uniquely uncertain about cures?
- How can we understand the impact of this uncertainty on patients, payers and manufacturers?
- What innovative financing mechanisms are acceptable and beneficial to payers and industry
- What lessons we’ve learned from recent experience
Want to know how you can help increase access to cutting-edge therapies – and fuel greater innovation? Join us on 26 May between 15:00-16:30 BST for the first OHE Connects virtual event, ‘Paying for Cures’.
For full details and to register please click here.